- Process financial project/program and grant accounting invoices in compliance with GAAP and regulatory requirements.
- Process accounts payable transactions including issuing checks and updating the general ledger along with maintenance of approved supporting documentation
- Process all credit card transactions with approved back up from purchasing department
- Handle communication with vendors and department personnel via telephone, email and in-person
- Maintain accounting documents and records, ensuring all files are up to date
- Assist in maintaining a documented system of accounting policies and procedures for all grant supporting documentation.
- Assist with maintaining internal controls and safeguards for receipt of revenue, costs, and program budgets and actual expenditures.
- Process all financial reports as stipulated in the fund source documents (1295, SFR, FFR, SEFA)
- Perform other accounting and/or administrative tasks as assigned by the Director of Finance and Compliance
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Proficient working knowledge of MS Excel, Word and Office365
- Knowledge of or aptitude for working with computerized accounting software
- Experience in grant Accounting
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: $70k-$80k per year
Local candidates only: Houston, TX