- Experience with collections a plus.
- Knowledge of modern office procedures and methods including telephone communications, office systems, and record keeping.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Proficient skills including key stroking (minimum 40 wpm) and 10-key calculator; accurate data entry
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Assist with the collection, sorting, distribution and preparation of mail, messages and courier deliveries.
- Assist with the Accounts Payable process by matching invoices to purchase orders/receivers, preparing batches for data entry, accurately entering invoices for payment, processing backup reports after data entry, assisting with weekly check run, and preparing vendor checks for mailing.
- Assist with collections activities, as needed, by locating and notifying customers of delinquent accounts to determine reasons for overdue payments and to review the terms of sales, service or credit contracts.
- Perform any combination of routine calculating, posting, and verifying duties to obtain primary financial data for use in maintaining accounting records.
- Check the accuracy of figures, calculations, and postings pertaining to business transactions.
- Access computerized financial information to answer general questions as well as those related to specific accounts.
- Perform various administrative functions for assigned accounts, such as recording address changes and purging the records of deceased customers.
- Sort and file customer account correspondence, and perform miscellaneous clerical duties such as answering correspondence and writing reports.
- File and maintain records.
- Ensure the confidentiality and security of all financial files.
- Assist with various data entry work.
- Serve as back-up Receptionist as needed by operating telephone to answer, screen and forward calls, providing information, taking messages, scheduling appointments and greet walk-in visitors.